This association has gone through a very successful 32 years since it began in 1979. We are very proud that we still have the support and the advice of our past leaders. During their respective tenures, they contributed immensely to build up this association to what it is today.
Initially, as a lonely body which was the only representative body for FDI’s in Sri Lanka, FTZMA stood against all turbulence and was able to steer ahead. During such period, the apex organizations such as JAAF etc. was not in existence.
If I may run through the names of our past chairmen, we had M/s H. V. Thgararajah, Steven Ton, N Ramaih, S. T. R. B. Ratnayake, G. A. Owen, Ajith Dias, Neil Umagiliya, Hemaranjana Fernando and Beuno Fernando. All these chairmen have contributed immensely for the development and progress of the FTZMA.
Provide a forum for enterprises in the Free trade zone to develop pursue and further their interests.
- Provide a forum for enterprises in the Free Trade Zone to develop and pursue and further their interests.
- To foster and safeguard the interests of all the enterprises singly and collectively in the Free Trade Zone as defined and demarcated by the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka, from time to time.
- To regulate the relations between enterprises coming within the membership of the association.
- To provide opportunities for exchange of ideas, information, systems, data, business methods and procedures.
- To represent the interests of enterprises singly or collectively to any statutory body formed or appointed by the Government of Sri Lanka from time to time.
- To represent the interests of member enterprises singly or collectively, to the departments of the Sri Lankan Government and other ministries and institutions controlling public authorities, fiscal bodies, the security forces, vigilance committees, or with any other kindred associations on all matters affecting the interests of member enterprises in the Free Trade Zone.
- To solicit support, promote, canvass or oppose any regulatory or other measures directly or indirectly or indirectly affecting enterprises in the Free Trade Zone.
- To protect against the denial, withdrawal or curtailment of rights, concessions and privileges extended to enterprises and to make representation to anybody, associations, institutions or persons on any matter affecting the direct or indirect functions of any enterprise.
- 1980-1982 MR H V THEAGARAJAH
- 1983 MR W H TONG- MANAGING DIRECTOR OF BONVENTURE TEXTILE LANKA LTD
- 1984 MR G A OWEN - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF STAR GARMENTS LTD
- 1985-1986 MR N RAMAIH - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF KOREA LANKA GARMENTS LTD
- 1987-1990 MR AJITH DIAS - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF JEWEL KNIT LTD
- 1991-1993 LATE MR S T R B RATNAYAKE - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LMK BROWNS LATER SMARTS SHIRTS LANKA LTD
- 1994-2002 MR NeiL AJANTHA UMAGILIYA - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF DIAL TEXTILE IND LTD,F.T.Z. KATUNAYAKE
- 2003-MR AJITH DIAS - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF JEWEL KNIT LTD
- 2004-2005 MR HEMARANJANA FERNADO – MANAGING DIRECTOR OF BRATEX IND LTD.F.T.Z. KATUNAYAKE
- 2006-2007 MR BEAUNO FERNANDO – MANAGING DIRECTOR OF SHORE TO SHORE F.T.Z. KATUNAYAKE
- 2008-2009 MR HEMARANJANA FERNADO - MANAGING DIRECTOR OF BRATEX IND LTD,F.T.Z. KATUNAYAKE
- 2010-2011 MR.DHAMMIKA FERNADO – GENERAL MANAGER OF THE TROPICAL FINDINGS PVT LTD, F.T.Z. KATUNAYAKE
- FTZMA IS A PIONEER BODY SET UP TO LOOK IN TO MATTERS / AFFAIRS PROBLEMS OF THE INVESTORS IN THE ZONES.
- IN THIS CONNECTION THE ORGANISATION IS REGULARLY IN CONTACT WITH THE BOARD OF INVESEMENT OF SRI LANKA,RELEVANT MINSTRIES,GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS AND OTHER BODIES FOR THE SMOOTH FUNCTIONING OF INVESTOR OPERATIONS.
- TO LOOK AFTER INVESTOR INTERST IN THEIR DAY TO DAY AFFAIRS,SO SUCH ROLE BY THE FTZMA IS FOCUSED TO HELP OUT THE INVESTORS AND AT THE SAME TIME ATTRACT INVESTORS TO SRI LANKA.
MAJOR SOCIAL & CORPORATE GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- TO SAFE GUARD THE INTERSTS AND PROMOTION OF THE EMPLOYEES OF OUR ENTERPRISES .
- TO UP LIFT LIVING AND SOCIAL STANDARDS OF F.T.Z. EMPLOYEES.
- TO MAINTAIN THE INDUSTRIAL HARMONY.
FTZMA auditorium has a capacity to conduct B2 meetings and we are conducting a monthly two seminars related to industry apparel, engineering, gem,
PC BASE ACCOUNTING SEMINAR'S , Computer windows 2010, 2012 version workshops for IT Proffessionals,
& cancer awarness seminar, Custom formalities ASKUDA, etc.
Currently we will be able to accommodate 72 persons, with sounds and other electronic facilities.